Universal 'Find a Chip' Microchip Scanner
petDetect's Universal Microchip Scanner reads all known microchip types suitable for implant in animals. This includes TROVAN, FDX-B (15 digit), Destron/AVID FDX-A (10 Digit) FECAVA, Trovan Unique and the AVID Encrypted, ASK64, PSK 1&2 transponders. It is the best option for vets, rescues, dog wardens and any organizations likely to encounter lost or foreign pets. The Universal Microchip Scanner should be held flat over the animal (Red button facing up) when looking for a microchip to ensure the most accurate results. Features include:
- Reads multiple types of microchip
- Battery operated and portable
- One button scanning
- Uses standard 9v battery (included)
- Easy configuration
- Belt / pocket clip
All organizations likely to scan animals regularly or encounter lost/foreign pets should have a Universal Microchip Scanner available to them. Old style 10 digit and Unique/ Encrypted microchips are still seen in the UK. Not having a Universal Scanner could result in an animal being microchipped twice or not being returned to their rightful owner.
To increase the chance of locating a microchip with your microchip scanner please follow our ‘How to scan for a microchip’ guide.
Certain types can be disabled or enabled by modifying the read list. The read list is opened by pressing the button 5x in a row. By selecting just the types that are actually used, the read speed increases.
To maximize the readers’ performance it is advisable only to enable the transponder-types you want to read.
For instance: if you only need to read Trovan Unique, ISO FDX-B and Fecava in your
application, then only enable these three transponder-types. These three types are then placed in a so-called “readlist”. Trovan Unique, ISO FDX-B and Fecava are selected as factory default.
ID codes are shown on the 2 x 16 character display, which has back lightning. If the battery voltage (Standard 9V Alkaline) drops below 7 Volts, the message ‘low battery’ is shown on the display (reading is still possible). If an ID-number was not in range of the reader during the activation period, the message ‘no code’ is shown on the display.
Pressing the push button activates the LID560. If the button is pressed shortly the latest transponder number read is shown on the LCD. If the button pressed longer than 0.2 seconds, the reader starts scanning.
The reader will read as long as you press the button.
If a tag is found, the code will be displayed on the LC-display.
If you want to edit the readlist you can access the readlist as follows:
1. Switch on the reader by shortly pressing the red button.
2. Press the button 5 times with a maximum interval of 300 milliseconds (ie quick!). Hold down the button after the fifth time (a long beep will sound).
3. Hold down the button for approximately 5 seconds, the reader will give another long beep and the display will show "RELEASE BUTTON".
4. Now you have 4 seconds for each transponder type to activate it (push the button to add the transponder to the readlist). If you do not push the button within the 4seconds the transponder type will not be added to the readlist. At the end of the setup the reader will turn off, now the new settings are applied.