We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and relevant interests (eg. dogs, exotics, horses, vet or implanter)
• Implanter Registration number
Depending on what you are registering for, additional information may be collected from you.
We may also collect and process information provided by you at the time of posting material to the Website, as well as details of your visit to the Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data), and the resources that you use. Further, if you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
What we do with the information we gather
• We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• to use in a lost and found and reunification situation;
• in this context as you know for backtrack systems we supply your Implanter number and postcode to petlog when registering microchips for backtrack
• to be compliant with any relevant legislation including all compulsory microchipping regulations;
• to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you;
• to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• any such contacts will incorporate an ‘opt out for further contacts’ option
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, and to notify you about changes to our service.
Finally, for those Implanters trained by petDetect or its predecessor pet-detect we hold the ONLY record of your registration as an Implanter. We will always retain this, but without your consent we will never contact you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.